VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water just until moistened. Drop into 12 mounds 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, thyme and cayenne pepper; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mexican Drop Biscuits in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p22
Reviews forMexican Drop Biscuits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2017
"Excellent! These were like a spicy version of the biscuits from Red Lobster. I will definitely be making these again!"