Mexican Dip Pizza with Cornbread Crust
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomatoes, salsa and sliced green onions, optional
- Unroll the bread twists and press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine refried beans and chilies; spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with cheese and olives.
- Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with tomatoes, salsa and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1058mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 17, 2017
I went to 4 different grocery stores and couldn't find the corn bread twists anywhere. I used refrigerated thin pizza crust instead. I left out the green chilies, but I added chicken and red bell pepper on top. When it was done, we forgot to top it with some salsa... so we thought the meal was just okay. Once we added the salsa on top though, that made the dish a whole lot better. I'd make this again!
Aug 30, 2010
Didn't use olives (I used tomatoes)and used cresent rolls for crust big hit!
Mar 28, 2008
This was much tastier than I anticipated it to be! I used a ready made pizza crust to speed up dinner after work. It was great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.