- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper*
- In a bowl, combine corn bread mix and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the corn bread mixture just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50--55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18-24 servings.
Reviews forMexican Cornbread
"I have made this several times for my family, as well as, potlucks. It is always a crowd pleaser and has people asking for the recipe. It is definitely a keeper!"
"I took this to a potluck and it was gone in no time! My family doesn't like spicy food so I omit the onion and jalapeno. It's definitely a keeper."
"I took this to a chili Cook-off last night as a side. Everybody loved it. I made as posted and it was very moist & had lots of flavor. Even people that do not eat cornbread loved this one. Thanks for sharing."
"I served this recipe for company and my 89 year old parents, everyone loved it! Everyone wanted the recipe, a definite keeper!"
"I have not made this as yet, can't seem to find Cornbread mix in Canada. Do you know where I can get it?"
"If you want a mexican corn bread, this is the best! I use Krusteaz honey cornbread mix - it's the best!"
"I have taken this to many church dinners and have always been asked to give the recipe to someone. My husband loves this!"
"Awesome cornbread..nice and moist with super flavor and texture"
"WOW! This is like restaurant quality cornbread. Going to make it again soon with ribs! YUMMY!!!"
"I made this recipe for the first time a couple years ago, and it has become a staple for my family! They love it, and always request I make it on the holidays. Thanks so much!"