Mexican Corn Scramble
The secret to this speedy skillet? You only have to chop a couple ingredients. Easy grocery store finds make up the rest. You’ll have a flavorful breakfast on the table in no time. —Brenda Spann, Granger, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham or cooked pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Picante sauce
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in corn and olives. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs just begin to set. Add ham and cheese. Cook until eggs are fully cooked and cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips and picante sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 291mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Corn Scramble in Country Woman July/August 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.