The entire family will enjoy this festive drink,” writes Patricia Nieh of Portola Valley, California. Cinnamon sticks give it a great flavor that kids will love.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 5 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and cinnamon sticks over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Discard cinnamon. Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve in mugs with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.