- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 2 to 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- On a large platter, arrange the pineapple, beets, oranges, apple, banana and jicama over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with lime.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein.
- Dec 30, 2014
I really like how beautifully this presents. I have found several recipes for Christmas Eve salad, and all are gorgeous to look at and have an unusual combination of flavors. I have not decided yet which version I like best. I will be taking this to a Mexican theme holiday party. It isn't just beautiful but delicious and healthy as well.