Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups
Refrigerated crescent rolls make these hearty appetizers easy to assemble. Keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute snacking. —Julie McDaniel, Batesville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, olives, sour cream, chilies and onion; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from long side. Place 1 in. apart on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over roll-ups. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.