Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups
Refrigerated crescent rolls make these hearty appetizers easy to assemble. Keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute snacking. —Julie McDaniel, Batesville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, olives, sour cream, chilies and onion; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from long side. Place 1 in. apart on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over roll-ups. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.