Mexican Chicken Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups salsa con queso dip
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and toss to coat. Top with black beans, tomato, onions and cheese; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 519 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2015
Easy, and yummy! Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Aug 13, 2013
Delicious except for the black beans in it. Will make it again omitting the beans and it will be awesome then.
Jul 31, 2011
I made this recipe as is and there was not enough sauce. A friend made it with less pasta and it was excellent. For a box of pasta I would double the sauce.
Jul 5, 2011
My husband and I both enjoyed the recipe but when making it again I plan to add 1/2 to 1 cup of mild salsa to give it a little more kick.
Apr 25, 2011
This was very blah... I did omit the black beans so maybe that hurt it. This reminded me of tuna casserole except with chicken. Certainly edible, but don't think I would make again.
Mar 4, 2009
I made this recipe and my husband and I loved it. The spicy flavors were wonderful. It is definitely a keeper in our house!skymom747
Jun 25, 2008
My husband and I love pasta and mexican, so we were really excited to try this dish. Unfortunately I think it looks better than it tastes. We try to cook healthy. Considering the some what high calorie content and lack of flavor, I won't be making it again. Perhaps if you used Ragu Cheese Sauce mixed with enchilada sauce it might taste better and be a bit healthier.