More Kids Recipes »
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups salsa con queso dip
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and toss to coat. Heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMexican Chicken Penne for Kids
"I made this for my family and they loved the spicy flavor."
"You can add some fresh veggies on the side, such as carrot sticks, grape tomatoes, etc., or some shredded veggies and a little low fat dressing rolled up in lettuce leaves."
"LeaEllen....serve with celery & carrot sticks & little grape tomatoes or make a salad....problem solved.fritzoidone:Is this really any worse than pizza or glow-in-the dark Kraft mac & cheese? OR how'bout using a low-fat cheese in the queso?"
"where are all the veggies???"
"I wish you would include nutrition information with each recipe. This recipe may tast good but the amount of fat must be astounding. We have heart disease in our family and every recipe needs to be scrutinized for fat and calories."
"Poor representation of packed with veggies and colorful."
"Sounds good, but I don't know where the veggies she mentions are. In the cheese dip? I'd probably add some red or yellow peppers and corn."
"I will let you all know how it came out after I make it! :-)♥"
"This sounds so good to me.. My teenagers will love it! Thanks for posting it. :-)"
"Too high in salt and processed foods!"