Mexican Chicken Fajitas Recipe
When we're in the mood for Mexican food, I'll reach for this recipe. Much of the meal can be prepared in advance, so I can avoid the last-minute rush at dinnertime.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Taco sauce
- 1. In a glass bowl or resealable plastic bag, mix first eight ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate for 4 hours. Drain, discarding marinade.
- 2. Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken down the center of each tortilla.
- 3. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, sour cream and taco sauce. Fold in sides of tortilla and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Fajitas
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2015
"I thought these were very good. I sauteed some peppers and onions to go with it."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC