When we're in the mood for Mexican food, I'll reach for this recipe. Much of the meal can be prepared in advance, so I can avoid the last-minute rush at dinnertime.
Recommended: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Taco sauce
- In a glass bowl or resealable plastic bag, mix first eight ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate for 4 hours. Drain, discarding marinade.
- Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, sour cream and taco sauce. Fold in sides of tortilla and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p52
Reviews forMexican Chicken Fajitas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2015
"I thought these were very good. I sauteed some peppers and onions to go with it."