Chicken Fajita Pizza has always been a hit with my kids. And it’s such a great way to sneak in extra vegetables. —Carrie Shaub, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Unroll dough into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, peppers, chili powder and cumin in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in salsa and chicken.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over prepared crust; top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pizza in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p49
Reviews forMexican Chicken Fajita Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
"Very Tasty! And rather quick."
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"My daughter loved this and she hates veggies."
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2011
"Great taste, easy to make! Was great for leftovers too."