- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews forMexican Chicken Alfredo
"We loved it. Super easy to make."
"The kids loved it. I used the entire packet of taco seasoning and ground turkey because that was what I had on hand. I will definitely make this again."
"Per other reviews, I didn't use as much onion and added a full packet of taco seasoning, but this was really good! It had lots of flavor and just the right amount of spice."
"It's a fine recipe. My family just didn't love it."
"Love it Kids said its a "Do Again!""
"Great recipe! I was out of salsa so I used green enchilada sauce instead and I used a whole packet of taco seasoning. Whole family loved it!!"
"We really liked this dish! I have a friend who thinks everything is hot including salsa so we put sour cream on top and she even thought it was delicious! I was out of milk so I used buttermilk."