Mexican Beef Cobbler
Just like shepherd's pie, add whatever you like to make it yours—black beans, sour cream, even guacamole!—Mary Brooks, Clay, Michigan
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, salsa and corn; heat through. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Mar 11, 2016
This was pretty good. I liked the flavors and it was an interesting mix with the biscuits on top. I made biscuits from scratch and used that on top instead of biscuit mix.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC