- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion and garlic in butter for 4-6 minutes or until meat is browned. Stir in the mushrooms, salsa, water, salt and chili powder. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve over rice and top with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMexican Beef and Mushrooms
"This beef is excellent served over rice or noodles!! Yum!"
"The flavor was good but it was very watery. There really wasn't any sauce coating the meet or vegetables when I made it. I think this is because I bought fresh salsa in a tub anbd not jar salsa and it had a lot of water in it."