VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped deli turkey
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and water. Pour into a nonstick 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are completely set, top with the tortilla, cheese and turkey.
- Fold omelet in half; cut in two. Serve on lettuce with salsa, olives, sour cream and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexicali Omelet in Country Woman November/December 2004, p37