If you're a fan of classic minestrone but love bold Mexican flavors, this soup's for you! Pumped up with spices as well as veggies and pasta, it's a fill-you-up bowl of fun. —Darlene Island, Lakewood, Washington
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place first 11 ingredients in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 7-9 hours.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on high until vegetables are tender, 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1-1/2 cups: 249 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC