Merry Mulled Cider
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 7 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- In a Dutch oven, bring the apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and rosemary to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Discard cinnamon and rosemary; stir in orange juice. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 142 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 11, 2011
I really liked this although I made some changes. I wanted to make a larger amount so I used 12 cups cider, 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice. 3 1/2 tablespoons honey (in place of sugar) and 3 cinnamon sticks. I didn't have fresh rosemary so I used dried. Since I don't care quite as much for orange juice, I kept this at 2/3 cup. It was delicious! Exactly what I was hoping for when I started looking for a hot cider recipe.
Dec 27, 2010
Excellent - we made this for Christmas with 12 guests and everyone raved about it! This is a keeper and we'll make it often.
Dec 9, 2010
This was my very first time trying mulled cider. It was good but I think next time Ill add just a little less orange juice. I would like a more cinnamonny-apple taste