Meringue Pudding Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and water; press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 10-oz. custard cups. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until crust is lightly browned; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and pudding mix; prepare according to package directions. Keep warm. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Spoon warm pudding into crust; spread with meringue, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 654 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 100g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
May 27, 2010
Are there really 100 carbs in one serving of this pudding? WOW!! I could not eat this and be able to eat anything else for the rest of the day. The only other thing I see to do is make home made pudding with splenda and try to bring down the carbs. Sounds good, but who can afford the carbs?