- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring, optional
- 44 chocolate kisses
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes. If desired, divide batter in half and fold in red and green food coloring.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1-1/2-in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie and cover it with meringue using a knife. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 44 cookies.
Reviews forMeringue Kisses
"I made these for my mom, and I ended up eating most of them..YUM!!"
"All I have to say is...WOW!! These are amazing!"
"I didn't tint the meringue and used Hersheys Hugs and 2/3 Andes Creme De Mente Thins....AWESOME!!!!! I tried dark chocolate kisses but didn't care for them as well."
"Just made these and ate one as soon as it came out of the oven and it was so good! These cookies are so light and airy and with the surprise of the hershey kiss in the middle...MMMMM...! I only had to bake mine for 25 min. and they were done.."