Melt-In-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Tinted frosting, coarse sugar and/or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 2, 2018
Very good cookies! Dough was easy to work with.
Dec 31, 2014
Very tasty and easy to make.
Dec 13, 2014
A wonderful sugar cookie. Easy to work with, wonderful texture and taste. This is the Christmas cookie recipe I've been searching for. I've made two batches and my family is asking for more!
Nov 29, 2014
what sugar is used
Dec 24, 2013
nice, light cookie. crispy and easy to handle.
Dec 22, 2013
a very nice cookie
Dec 14, 2013
This recipe is exactly like the Kolachy Cookie recipe.
Dec 14, 2013
Theses cookies are AWESOME will make them again and again. Love them
Dec 8, 2011
I made these cookies today and they are wonderful. Nice light taste, crisp on the outside but not dry in the least. I will make them over and over again!
Feb 10, 2011
Even my mom, who hates sugar cookies, loved these!