- 2 pounds Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot)
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 cup water
- Place sausage in skillet; cover with water. Simmer 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients in slow cooker, add drained sausage cut in hot-dog lengths if using sweet sausage. (It's shaped in a large coil.) Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. Increase temperature to HIGH; cook 1 hour more. Serve in buns or cut sausage into bite-size slices and serve over cooked spaghetti. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Reviews forMelt-in-Your-Mouth Sausages
"Really good. I was suprised how nice the flavor was. It was great slow cooked."
"These were excellent! I did them covered, in a 250F oven for about 4 hours, since I don't have a slow cooker, and they were perfect. Served them over spaghetti! Really tender and full of flavour."
"easy to make and very delicious!"
"Very good. I used beer brats, didn't brown them-just put everything in the cooker and started it. Put it on high for an hour then low for 3 hours, then on high for the last hour or so. I did have parmesan rinds that I keep from wedges that I added instead of the grated parmesan. I had an Italian blend shredded cheese that we used to sprinkle on top of sandwiches. Will definetely make again. With 4 boys ,I'm always looking for hearty and quick meals and this fits the bill."
"These sausages were soooo good! Truly melted in your mouth. Each bite just dissolved in your mouth with flavor. I only had hotdog buns on hand, but it probably would've been better with hoagie/brat buns since it just seeped through the buns, but still tasty! Definitely a keeper!"