Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing
With a hint of honey, the cool, creamy dressing complements the colorful melon and tender chicken. Family and friends will be happy to see it on your table again and again.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups honeydew balls
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; cover and chill. In a large covered saucepan, simmer chicken in apple juice, water and peppercorns for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard broth; allow chicken to cool. Slice into thin strips and place in a large bowl. Add celery, melon balls and parsley. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 282 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.