Melon ‘n’ Grape Medley
This colorful fruit salad from our Test Kitchen has a zesty honey-orange dressing with a surprising twist...a hint of jalapeno!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon balls
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the cantaloupe, watermelon and grapes. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, honey and lime juice. Stir in the jalapeno and lime zest.
- Pour over fruit. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible, and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 74 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Sonoran Jicama Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005