Melon Arugula Salad with Ham
The healthy antioxidants in this melon salad are always appreciated by my summer dining guests! I like to save my melon rinds, cut them into large wedges and use them as a serving dish. It makes a lovely presentation and is easy to clean up. —Shawn Jackson, Fishers, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and honey. Add both melons, ham and cucumber; toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange arugula on a platter. Top with melon mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 202 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Melon Wedge Salad in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.