"Each time I serve this light and refreshing desert, it gets rave reviews," comments field editor Edie DeSpain from Logan, Utah. "With three kinds of melon, it's lovely and colorful but so simple to prepare."
Recommended: Watermelon Carving Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup watermelon balls or cubes
- 1 cup cantaloupe balls or cubes
- 1 cup honeydew balls or cubes
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the melon balls. In another bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar and honey; pour over melon and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Melon Ambrosia in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p17