Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta Salad
My mom always encouraged us to try different foods. She made it her mission in life to expose us to new recipes with a unique flavor combination. This salad reminds me of my mom because she always made mealtime into something exciting. —Christine Green, Conway, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes18 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups quartered and thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1-1/4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, peppers, capers and pasta. Stir in the feta and provolone cheeses, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and salami. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 222 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as "Taste of Greece" Pasta Salad in Side Dishes Digest 2014