“I created this fast-to-fix recipe to use up excess zucchini from our garden, and at the same time, serve a pasta dish that was lower in calories,” relates Jan Clark of New Florence, Missouri about her prize-winning recipe.
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup Italian diced tomatoes
- 6 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; divide between two plates. Top with vegetable mixture and cheeses. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p31
Reviews forMediterranean Vegetable Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review