Mediterranean Turkey Panini Recipe
The word "panini" refers to a sandwich that is pressed and toasted. I love making them for my fellow teachers and friends. For potlucks, make several and cut them into fourths. The sandwiches work well as an appetizer for any occasion. —Martha Muellenberg, Vermillion, South Dakota
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 container (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1. Spread each ciabatta bottom with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Top with cheese, artichokes, tomato and turkey. Spread each ciabatta top with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce; place over turkey.
- 2. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place remaining marinara sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high until heated through. Serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
1 panini with 1/3 cup sauce: 701 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 2314mg sodium, 98g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 8g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Turkey Panini
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC