Cubed tuna steak dresses up this hearty, Greek-style pasta salad. The mild tuna flavor blends nicely with the olives, feta cheese and veggies.—Sarah Farley, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Featured In: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tuna steaks (8 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute tuna in 1 tablespoon oil until fish flakes easily with a fork; cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining oil; shake well.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, cucumber, onion, olives, tomato and feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad in Taste of Home
Reviews forMediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2008
"Sounds like the best salad possible. I would recommend it any time, especially to fish lovers."