Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Add garlic; cook and stir about 45 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and chicken is tender.
- Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reaches desired thickness. Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with olives if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2019
I prepared this delicious recipe recently but I did make a few changes. I saw no Feta cheese in the recipe but used Mozzarella as a garnish for the chicken. I used the Italian style tomatoes, and instead of basil, I used Italian seasoning. Still Mediterranean but on the Spanish side of the Mediterranean. We liked the basic recipe with changes and cleaned our plates. Delicious!! Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 1, 2017
Only change I made to this recipe was to cut up the chicken into smaller pieces so it would stretch further and I did add some parm instead of the feta - but love this
Jan 16, 2011
This is just spaghetti with chicken in it. The sauce has a fairly sour taste to it and the feta cheese doesn't do it any favors. I would have preferred parmesan cheese instead.