- 2 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Add garlic; cook and stir about 45 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and chicken is tender.
- Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reaches desired thickness. Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMediterranean-Style Chicken
"Only change I made to this recipe was to cut up the chicken into smaller pieces so it would stretch further and I did add some parm instead of the feta - but love this"
"This is just spaghetti with chicken in it. The sauce has a fairly sour taste to it and the feta cheese doesn't do it any favors. I would have preferred parmesan cheese instead."