Mediterranean Shrimp and Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2016
If I had ordered this in a restaurant, I would have been totally satisfied. What a delicious meal.
May 25, 2013
This recipe needs something. I liked the idea that it was healthy and quick, but it was rather tastless. As previous reviewer noted she is adding lemon juice. My husband suggested using Kalmata olives and maybe adding a quarter cup of liquid from the artichoke can to the vegetable mixture. It was just missing something. I will give it another shot with alterations.
Feb 8, 2013
I added fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons) very tasty.
Oct 27, 2011
My husband and I both loved it! I will be making this again.
Oct 4, 2011
Making it again tonight. This is really, really delicious. (Even the leftovers were delicious!)
Sep 27, 2011
Sep 20, 2011
This was one my boyfriend picked out. He hated it and I thought it was just okay. For a healthy and quick meal it's not a bad choice but I've made better.
Jul 17, 2011
The entire family loves this dish - great for easy entertaining!
Jun 27, 2010
Absolutely delicious!!!! Will make again and again. Super easy!
Aug 10, 2008
This was so easy to prepare and the taste was great!