Jenny Haen of Red Wing, Minnesota uses red onions, Greek olives and feta cheese to bring Mediterranean flavors to an all-American classic. With a few minutes of prep and time to chill, it makes an ideal side dish on busy summer days.
Recommended: 23 Classic Recipes for Your Passover Seder
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups water
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, olives, tomatoes, parsley, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p16
Reviews forMediterranean Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2009
"THIS salad IS THE BEST. GREAT TO BRING TO PARTIES. EVERYONR JUST ALWAYS LOVES IT!"