My mother shared this recipe with me a few years ago and it quickly became a family favorite for any occasion. I often make them and freeze before baking. When ready to use, bake until golden.—Christine Farnsworth, Flagstaff, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry. Spread 2 T. pesto to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, tomatoes and walnuts.
- Working from the left and right sides, roll edges of pastry jelly-roll style toward the center. Roll at 1-in. intervals so that rolls meet in the center. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each pastry sheet into 20 slices.
- Place cut side down 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mediterranean Palmiers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010