Mediterranean Mahi Mahi
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup halved Greek olives
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the salsa, wine, olives and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle mahi mahi with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, lightly brown fillets in remaining oil for 2 minutes on each side. Spoon salsa mixture over fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until fish just turns opaque.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Sep 7, 2015
Glad you won that recipe contest. Nice take on Med. preparation.
Mar 26, 2015
Excellent! Easy and yet fancy enough to serve guests. My spouse loved it.
Aug 31, 2013
Great flavor and very moist!
May 9, 2013
Really flavorful. If you don't want it spicy, just add a can of diced tomatoes. I added more olives and a little bit of lemon juice. Served with boiled baby potatoes - so good!!!
Jan 21, 2012
This was very yummy! Finally found a fish recipe my boyfriend likes!