Mediterranean Hummus Nachos
My husband once piled all the Middle Eastern dishes I made on top of pita chips. It was delicious and fun, so we've kept doing it! I am half Lebanese, so we usually call these Lebanese nachos. Whatever you call them, they are delicious. —Gina Fensler, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt, divided
- 1 package (7.33 ounces) baked pita chips
- 1 cup prepared tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Chopped red onion, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, cook lamb over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 4-6 minutes; drain. Stir in pine nuts, salt and pepper; cool slightly. Stir in 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- 2. Arrange pita chips on a serving platter. Layer with lamb mixture, tabbouleh, hummus, tomatoes, olives, parsley, mint, remaining yogurt and, if desired, onions. Serve immediately.
1 serving: 299 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC