Whether you're monitoring your sodium intake or not, you'll want to try this robust rub on fish, poultry or pork. Or fill a shaker with this savory blend to sprinkle on veggies. "This seasoning rub is great, especially on grilled pork chips," says Jacqueline Thompson Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Recommended: 23 Classic Recipes for Your Passover Seder
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1/4 cup.
Originally published as Mediterranean Herb Rub in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p57