Mediterranean Grilled Chicken & Greens
Any chicken entree that's this easy and yummy is a win-win for me. And it's healthy, too! —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup prepared vinaigrette
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, tomatoes, feta cheese and olives. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Slice chicken; serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1 breast half with 2-1/2 cups salad: 282 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as GARLIC THYME MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN SALAD in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.