- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 whitefish fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, peppers, basil, wine, shallot, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- Sprinkle fillets with remaining chili powder. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding tomato mixture during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMediterranean Fish Skillet
"Made with cod. "
"I forgot to say, I used tilapia."
"I made this recipe tonight, and altered it just a bit. I don't care for green peppers or jalepenos, so I used a red pepper instead. I also used Chipolte chili powder instead of regular chili powder, because I love chipoltes.The dish turned out FANTASTIC! I served it with pumpkin gnocchi and a bit of Vodka pasta Sauce from World Market.The combination of spicy with a bit of sweet was perfect.This dish was super easy to make, and I received rave reviews from my family.When I make it again, I will cut the chili powder by half.If you're looking for a delicious fish recipe, this is IT!Enjoy!"
"The combination of ingredients turns any fish with mild taste into a dish with superior flavor. I found the salsa was more than enough for 1-1/2 lbs of fish, since I needed 3 servings. I used Cod, and everyone loved it. Also it is a quick to fix skillet dish and I will make it again."
"LOVED IT!!! I exchanged the Caddock fish for Swai fillet. I also changed corn flakes to banana flake cereal with walnuts. The fish was light and crispy, with a nice crunchy, sweet topping. Very flavorful, In Addition, I also made my own tartar sauce, that I found online on Taste of Home"
"Fish has Omega-3 fats. Ya know, the good kind. Chill."
"This recipe says it has 16 g of fat per serving??? It is vegetables and fish with only 1 tbls of olive oil. Where are you getting all the fat from?"