Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
I created this recipe so I could serve house guests a fun appetizer. They loved it! It’s now my potluck staple. —Denise Johanowicz, Madison, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes3-1/2 cups (6 dozen chips)
- 12 pita pocket halves
- Cooking spray
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 5 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut each pita half into three wedges; separate each wedge into two pieces. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spritz both sides of wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, oregano, coriander, pepper and remaining garlic powder. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato, pepperoncini, olives, cucumber, feta cheese and parsley. Serve with pita chips.
Editor's NoteLook for pepperoncini (pickled peppers) in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.