With garlic, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, it's a great side dish for just about any entrée. “It relies on a boxed item to get started; then it's just a matter of adding a few ingredients,” says Elizabeth Tomlinson of Morgantown, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the water, contents of seasoning packet from couscous mix, bouillon and remaining oil. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in onion mixture and couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes and cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 223 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Couscous in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.