- 4 beef skirt steaks
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 scallion
- 1 fresh bunch of chives
- 1 pound pink potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- Pound the meat quite well with a meat mallet until somewhat flattened and season it with salt and pepper.
- Every piece should be around 2 inches wide and 5 inches long. Spread chopped chives and piece of Mozzarella cheese.
- Roll and tie the beef with green part of the scallion and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or other heavy-bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid, browning the beef rolls well on all sides over high heat.
- Add chopped garlic and tomato sauce to the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover pan with a lid.
- Simmer for an hour hour, basting occasionally with the pan juices.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Using oven proof dish, cut the potatoes, sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and chives.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes or till tender and nicely brown.
- Lay the meat rolls, tomato sauce and baked potatoes on the serving platter. Garnish with extra fresh chives on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy. Yield: serves 4
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chives-Scallion Beef Rolls with Herb Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review