- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- For pita chips, cut each pita bread into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMediterranean Chips & Dip
"I thought this was really good and would definitely make it again. I did not have fresh parsley so I used dried, but would like to try it the next time with fresh."
"This is so yummy!"
"Have made it several times and the whole family loves it!"
"I used a couple handfuls of fresh spinach instead of the parsley...loved it!"
"Yum! I used chickpeas and and about 1 tbsp or so of dried parsley instead of fresh. Both the dip & the chips turned out great!~ Theresa"
"This dip is both bland and extremely salty. Don't waste your time."
"I cut the oil to 2tbsp. This was really good - my husband, who doesn't like hummus, enjoyed the dip and said the chips were really good. I also added some raw veggies, and I think with the baked chips, bean dip and veggies, this was definitely a lightened up chips and dip!"
"Great recipe.I have added sun dried tomatoes.Tasted pretty good."
"One of my favorites! You can reduce the amount of oil to make it even healthier!"