- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Stir in the tomatoes, peppers, olives, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMediterranean Chicken Stew
"I loved this stew. Yummy! I also add a yellow pepper to make is really colorful."