- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 16 pitted Greek or ripe olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 10-14 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMediterranean Chicken
"We love this recipe! I double the amount of tomatoes, use two full cans of black olives, and a whole 3.5 oz jar of capers (about 4 Tbs) since we the veggies and chicken breasts have gotten so large. I have finished the recipe covered on the stovetop or in the oven and both ways come out great. I do tend to add the tomatoes later so they don't overcook, especially if the chicken is thick."
"Great recipe. Making it again"
"Mmmm, really good and easy. Love that! I used two breasts but kept the other ingredient amounts the same. I just covered it and cooked it on the stove. So good. Next time I won't add salt though as the olives and capers have enough."
"This was amazing. Everyone loved it from the first forkful. I did cut the chicken breasts in half because my family has smaller appetites. The next night I took the leftovers, diced everything finely, added a few more chopped tomatoes, a chopped green pepper, some minced parsley and a little mAyo to make a Mediterranean chicken salad. It got rave reviews too"
"This is good and easy."
"This dish presents beautifully and tastes delicious! I would wait a little longer to add the tomatoes, mine were a tad overdone.:-)"
"Love this recipe!!! Fast, simple and good"