I adapted a recipe that I received from a friend to make this delicious—and deliciously different—cauliflower dish. It's prepared quickly in a skillet and only uses a handful of ingredients; a great way to take ordinary cauliflower to a whole new level! —Valerie Smith, Aston, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a 6-qt stockpot, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place cauliflower in basket. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; steam, covered, until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, onions, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until cauliflower is tender and tomatoes are heated through, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Cauliflower in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018