Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir red pepper and onion over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the egg substitute, salt and pepper; cook and stir until set.
- Combine the tomato, spinach and basil; spoon onto pitas. Top with egg mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 pita: 267 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2013
Jan 6, 2012
These were so yummy and I was surprised at the decent portion size. I used a whole grain tortilla instead and wrapped it up like a burrito. This will be part of my regular b-fast rotation.
Jan 29, 2011
i cooked the eggs separately from the peppers and onions. this was a kind of fall apart meal. it was amazingly tasty. so next time, i might serve pita wedges on the side or something. really great flavors, will make again!
Jul 28, 2010
This was absolutely amazing. I never would have thought to put these flavors together - and for breakfast!