VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) multigrain snack chips
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped green onions, optional
- Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa and barbecue sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Use snack chips for dipping. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Meaty Whole Grain Nachos in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p24