Meaty Whole Grain Nachos
Multigrain chips are a nice change from tortilla chips. They also come in other flavors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) multigrain snack chips
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped green onions, optional
- Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa and barbecue sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Use snack chips for dipping. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 488 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Beef Nachos in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005